Saturday, January 1, 2011

1 January 2011

First day of the new year, of 2011.  Twenty-eleven, I’m trying to get used to saying.  This after 10 years of Two-thousand-something.  Two-thousand-eleven is just obnoxious, though, and is getting to be too many syllables.
I had a blowout today on the freeway.  There went my gym plans, but it gave me an opportunity to clean out my trunk while waiting for my rescue.  I’ve got pictures.  Thankfully, there was no damage to me or my car, traffic on the freeway was really light, and though I wasn’t in the best part of town, it was 3:00 in the afternoon and sunny out.
This is the year I want to live amazingly.  I want to focus on my happiness.
That’s going to be the gist of this blog, which I hope to make a daily thing.  It’s nothing spectacular; spectacular is what I want my life to be, and this blog is an outlet for that.  I won’t be cooking my way through any of Julia Child’s cookbooks.  I do plan to start baking quite a bit, and you may even get the occasional review now and then of movies, restaurants, whatever.
So there it is.  My year of living fabulously.  365 days, we’ll see how this goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment